Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hello!

Hi all,

My Little Tropical Forest
I am a sophomore in high school who is in love with growing orchids.  I have a grand total of two years of experience with growing orchids.  I live in the Bay Area where the coastal climate allows me to grow cool to intermediate orchids. My orchids are situated in an east window on the second floor of my house.  My first orchid was a simple NOID phalaenopsis that I bought at my local farmer's market, and I have been addicted since.
I have a growing collection of 24 orchids.  Instead of spouses whining about my many orchids, my parents whine about where I'm going to put my orchids.  My number three rule in life is: There's always one more room for one more orchid. :) I wanted to share my failures and successes with orchids, and a couple of tricks that I picked up along the way.  I hope you will find my blog entertaining and informational.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment