Sunday, October 14, 2012

October Bloomers!!!!

 Taking a fifteen minute break from doing AP Statistics homework...here are a couple of pics that are currently in bloom.
Also, it is to test the lens of a new camera of a Panasonic DMC-SZ7...so far not very impressive even though it has a LEICA lens.  Oh well...back to the drawing board I guess.

Anyways, the white flower is a Aerangis Luteo Alba var Rhodosticta.  It is one of my new favorites.  I got this from the Orchids in the Park show from Golden Gate Orchids run by Tom Perlite.  The plant is growing in a half an inch pot sitting in a one inch pot.  The spike is about three of or four inches long coming out of a plant with a leaf span of 1 1/2 inch.  It is so cute!

The orchid originally had 12 flowers growing on it, but because of the change in environment and a week-long heat wave....it lost four buds to bud blast.  :( I almost wanted to cry.  But the rest of the flowers were able to bloom and give me this wonderful display. 

 Here is an yellow NOID oncidium.  My best friend, Yuming, got it for me for my birthday in January.  After the summer, the plant is filling up its ginormous five inch pot with 6-7 pseudobulbs that are climbing out of the pot.  Three new pseudobulbs had matured and each one has a 1 1/2 feet long spike with more than twenty yellow flowers growing from each of them.  I am very proud of its display.  I'll have to divide it next summer, otherwise I'll have no more room for the orchids that I'm going to buy at the Pacific Orchid Expo in February.  So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment