Saturday, October 6, 2012

Orchids in the Park 2012

  I have come out of the dark and cold cave that I call my room. 
SATs are now over...at least until I get my scores....and well, I finally have some free time out of studying for my three AP classes and two honors classes. 
So...Orchids in Park hosted by the San Francisco Society every year just went by on the weekend of Sept 15.  It was amazing!  I saw some pretty neat orchids and talked to some orchid-crazy people. Also, I'M AN SAN FRANCISCO ORCHID SOCIETY MEMBER!!! I can't wait to get some free time on the first Tuesday night of the month to attend one of the meetings.  Here are some of the highlights at the show:

*sorry...my dad took most of the pictures and I forgot to tell him to also take pictures of the tags...So i have no idea what the species/hybrids these orchids are.  There are a few that I know what they are...otherwise they're just guesses. But enjoy the pictures!
Dendrobium species
Sophronitis
Cattleya
Really cool orchid...

Aerangis Luteo-Alba
A cattleya hybrid???

I took a pictures of this one...:D Paph roebelenii x sanderianum

Dendrobium????

Encyclia???? Or just cool orchid.

Encyclia or just a unidentified orchid

Miltoniopsis hybrid or Oncidium hybrid

Maxilaria species???

Cool orchid

Dendrobium species

Maxilaria or Cymbidium

CYMBIDIUM!! I know this one...but a hybrid


Weird Orchid


Ondontoglossum hybrid

Ondontoglossum hybrid

Ondontoglossum hybrid

Cool orchid

Interesting orchid

I know this one A potinara variation

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you!
      It makes me extremely happy that there's actually somebody who listens to my rambling. :D

      Delete