Thursday, December 27, 2012

Backyard Finds

Though this post has nothing to do with orchids, I wanted to share with everyone some of the cool stuff that thrives in my backyard.  It's currently winter, so everything is either dead looking or overrun with clovers.  So during the spring, I'll take more pictures of our fruit trees, vines, and bushes.  This is just a preview.

A "misty blueberry" bush.  It's actually the name, and it's lived up to it.  California's Bay Area either has a wet season and a dry season.  My dad coined the term "wet Christmas" as a parody to the classic Christmas song "White Christmas".  Anyways, this is a beautiful picture of what frost does to the plants in my yard, and how the Bay Area's constant sunny skies does to the cycle of deciduous plants. BLUEBERRIES IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER!!! weird....
I'm not quite sure what bug it is on this grapevine, but it's pretty.  Most grapevines stop growing and start dropping their leaves during the winter...well, this one is still growing strong though it's December.  Hopefully we can get some grapes this summer....
IT'S A CRICKET!....I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment