Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Fever

 
Spring time comes with a new cycle of growth.  Either be it orchids or just things that you see around every day life.  My hobbies is not exclusively growing orchids.  Before orchids, there came fruiting trees and pretty flowers.  You know, the regular stuff that you find at your local Home Depot garden section.

So, as a tangent to my plant loving obsession I've included some things growing in my backyard and neighborhood.

Here are some pictures of what I deduce as sakura blossoms in my neighborhood.  They are so pretty especially when there is a slight breeze. The trees shower you with these light pink petals covering the streets with a blanket of pink petals. 




Here are some things that are growing in our backyard.  We moved into our house about a year ago and we haven't had any time to actually do some landscaping.  I'm planning some major renovations during the summer once hectic junior year subsides. My dad grows blueberries.  We grow "misty", "o'neal", "patriot", and "pink lemonade".  All of them are growing huge and fruitful. 
My little columbine.  This is one of my favorite flowers.  We have 2 pomegranate trees a "wonderful" and a "pink satin".  We also have a persimmon tree "hachiya" variety.  And a Osmanthus bush that my dad recently attained a couple of weeks ago.   I tried to grow bleeding hearts and a peony bush last year, but that failed with the clay soil in my backyard.  So I tried them again in better soil and they are growing lovely green leaves.  Hopefully I can get some blooms this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment