Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Conservatory of Flowers 7/23/13

It's so hard to find a bright sunny day in San Fran these days....
I've been volunteering at the Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco for the past month. Watering their orchid collection and now repotting their highland tropics collection.  It's fun, especially when you're rocking out to your favorite playlist. But the humidity and the whirring of the fans get to your head after a while...

Anyways, I'm sorry for not posting anything at the Conservatory because it was either I forgot the memory card in my camera to the fogging of my lens due to the humidity.  Finally, I got some good pics in as I was roaming around after my shift.  Unfortunately, the Conservatory of Flowers newsletter cannot do the orchids currently in bloom justice. So I'm going lend a hand....

Vascostylis Veerasawas White



Disa Uniflora

 


Gongora Tricolor

Coelogyne usitana

Cirrhopetalum





It looks like a monkey!!! <3 draculas


Dendrobium Hybrid

 Now for the Conservatory's special exhibits like the aquatics exhibit and their butterfly exhibit!











No comments:

Post a Comment